How to get membership in the club Masařka (connected to the network)?
- Try to plug-in the network cable and fill the online form or connect to Masarka-Register (after you will redirected to the registration form).
- Visit room (red) R504 during office hours in order to fill a registration form. You will need your passport!
- You will sign to the list of members of Masarka. It is neccesary to fill out your passport number.
- You will be connected to the network. From now on you have 14 days to do the payment.
Important note: The payment isn't only for Internet but you also get all benefits that club Masařka offers (for instance - access to gym, billiard room, grill, etc.)
What to do if I’ll move to another room?
- you don’t have to go to the office hours!.
- on your new room, connect an ethernet cable to the pc and run your favourite web browser, you should be forwarded to masařka website
- logon with your account name and password, which can be found on your agreement.
- then find menu link My PC select your PC and change Room number and after updating the list change the Socket number as well (A = left side, B = right side).
- submit the form and plug-out the ethernet cable for a few seconds, everything should now work fine.
Are there any limitations or rules over here?
- don’t share illegal copyrighted material or software!
- complete rules can be found here or here in pdf
Where can I find administrators?
Room (red) R504 during the office hours:
- Wednesday 8:00pm - 9:00pm
You can also email us at email@example.com. Email may be used to take care of easy adjustments of your account configuration (e.g. room number or MAC change).
What is the UID?
It is any unique number of your choice. You have to write this number as "variabilní symbol" when filling bank order form. You can log in to this website for the first time using the UID number as your password.
How do I find out my network adapter number?
Microsoft Windows users:
- Start->Run, write
ipconfig /all in command line; network adapter number is the physical address of ethernet adapter
- Make sure that you don’t write wireless adapter address instead!
When is the payment deadline?
For new members: 14 days since connection to the network. Others: till October 15th (winter semester) or February 28th (summer semestr).
How to pay for network connection?
Payment to the club Masarka is done by a bank order.
- Account number: 999 110 30 / 2010 (Fio Bank Prague) - owner Student Union CTU Prague
- Amount 800 Kč per semestr (within 14 days from connection to the network)
- "variabilní symbol": your UID number (the UID number you have filled in your form)
How to pay immediately for network connection?
If you want to proceed the payment immediately, pay the amount directly at Fio Bank office. The nearest bank office to Masaryk dormtory is:
- Prague 6
- Dejvická 574/33
- Phone: 224 346 759
- Opening hours: Monday - Friday: 9:00 - 12:00, 13:00 - 16:30 (Friday till 16:00)
How to pay at the Post Office?
Another option, how to pay membership fee, is to send the required amount by a voucher at the Post Office.
The nearest office is:
- Prague 6
- Kafkova 102/19
- Phone: 224 346 759
- Opening hours: Monday - Friday: 8:00 - 20:00, Saturday: 9:00 - 13:00
I have paid but my PC is not connected! What can I do?
Do not call any admininistrator, please!
- It may take a few days for your payment to reach our account.
- If you are positive your payment has already reached our account, make sure you have filled correct "variabilni symbol" (This symbol should match your UID number).
- If you find out you have made a mistake, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the "variabilni symbol" you have used.
- Otherwise, come and see us during office hours to (red) R504 with your bank order receipt.
How to use dorm e-mail account?
- SMTP server: mail.mk.cvut.cz
- POP3 server: mail.mk.cvut.cz
- IMAP4 server: mail.mk.cvut.cz
- username and password are the same as to this website
- If you want to use your mail account outside from the CTU network, then you have to use the ciphered (SSL) types of these protocols (SMTPs, POP3s, IMAPs)
- If you want to change your password, you can do it in the My Profile menu link